Here’s a list with some records (Longest, tallest, fastest)
- The Longest Marble Run measures 1918,12 meter (6293,04 ft) and is made by Handwerker und Gewerbeverein, in Elgg, Switzerland.*/** Jelle establish this record with 210,31 meters on may 2009. The attempt made by Klaus Peter Beier in August 2014 (1413,67 m) was disapproved by guinness.
- The longest unregistered marble run is 1888 meters and is build by a German Scout Group. They used a 2 inch steel ball.
- Longest running time: 36 minutes on the 1413,67 metre marble run in Universum, Bremen
- Longest Sand Marble Race: 150 m (492 ft) made by Associazione Bibionese Albergatori ABA in Bibione, Italy, on 29 May 2010.* (longest unregistered Sand Marble Race is 230 meter build by Jelle Bakker)
- Largest total track length in a RBS: 1600 m (1 mile), the “Energy Machine” in Hong Kong Science Museum.
- Tallest Marble Run or Marble Machine: Unknown
- Tallest Rolling Ball Sculpture: 22 m (72 ft) tall, the Energy Machine in the Hong Kong Science Museum.
- Largest amount of marbles rolling simultaneously through a marble run (or marble machine): 11600 marbles rumbles down in the marble machine the “Marble Tsunami” at indoor playground “Monkey Town” at Gouda, Netherlands.
- Biggest Rolling Ball Clock: AION, which is 11.6 m (38 ft) high 6 m (19 ft 8 in) wide and 50 cm (1 ft 7 in) deep. It is located at the headquarters of Bucherer AG, Lucerne, Switzerland, and was measured on 11 March 2008. The total track length is 297,8 m (977 ft) *
- Fastest Ball speed in a RBS: Unknown
- Fastest Marble Run: Unknown
- Smallest RBS: “Micro RBS” made by Niels Jalling, it measures 32mm high, 39mm long and 32mm wide. It uses 2 mm balls.
Record list longest marble runs:
|4-APR-2009||210,31 m||Jelle Bakker, Adventurepark Hellendoorn, Netherlands|
|June 2011||216 m||Klaus Peter Beier, Kamp Lintford, Germany|
|12-SEP-2011||394,19 m||Cordes & Graefe KG, Germany|
|April 2012||523,32 m||Studenten van Wenatchee High School in Wenatchee, Washington, USA|
|21-JUL-2012||649,38 m||Klaus Peter Beier, Phaeno Wolfsburg, Germany|
|23-MAR-2013||1043,62 m||Klaus Peter Beier, Universum Cologne, Germany|
|4-AUG-2013||1286,61 m||Swinburne University, Australia (current record approved by guinness)|
|2-JUL-2014||1288,58 m||Explorado Duisburg, Germany|
|4-AUG-2014||1413,67 m||Klaus Peter Beier, Universum Bremen, Germany (failed, marble was stucked)|
|15-AUG-2014||1888 m**||VCP Padfinderij, Rheinland Pfalz, Duitsland (does not meet requirements)|
|14-May-2017||1918,12*/**||Handwerker und Gewerbeverein, in Elgg, Switzerland|
*Approved by Guinness World Records
**At these attempts, a 55 mm (2 inch) ball was used instead of a marble. Only marbles with max diameter of 18 mm (3/4 inch) are allowed.
Please contact me if you know records.